After completing this online course, you should be able to:
- Learn about the what, why, how, and current status of connected vehicle technologies
- Learn about the what, why, how, and current status of automated vehicle technologies, with special attention to their testing and major bottlenecks
Bachelor's degree in a science, engineering, or technical field.
- Connected Vehicles: What? Why? How?
- Deep Dive into Dedicated Short Range Communications (DSRC)
- Why Automated Vehicles (AV)? & SAE AV Levels and Examples
- Current Status and Challenges
- AV Testing, Standards, and Regulations: Part 1
- AV Testing, Standards, and Regulations: Part 2
- A Major Bottleneck: Perception, Main Tools: Machine Vision and Artificial Intelligence
Huei Peng received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley in 1992. He is now a Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan. His research interests include adaptive control and optimal control, with emphasis on their applications to vehicular and transportation systems. His current research focuses include design and control of electrified vehicles, and connected/automated vehicles.
He currently serves as the Director of Mcity, which studies connected and autonomous vehicle technologies and promotes their deployment.