PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATES
Lean Transactional for Business Processes
Time Commitment3 days
Not ready to commit?
Subscribe for email updates on future offerings and get a program brochure.
Must pass assessments with 80% or higher to receive a certificate and digital badge.
Earn a digital badge after successful completion of the course.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of this course.
Traveling to Ann Arbor?
Information on airport, hotels, local food options, and more.
See your business processes through the customer’s eyes.
Improve your processes with Lean Transactional for Business Processes. Service operations account for over sixty percent of the cost of meeting customer demand. Using Lean concepts, tools, and processes, this three-day certificate program presents a structured way to improve quality, reduce lead time, and serve more customers without adding resources.
As a result of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify what you need to do better in your services to support your strategy
- Understand how to improve the efficiency of your office/service processes
- Create an action plan for your Lean improvement initiative
- Translate your Lean efforts into financial terms
- Learn easy hands-on tools that anyone can implement in an office/service setting
LAPTOP REQUIRED FOR IN-PERSON OFFERINGS
- History of Lean
- Linking Lean efforts to strategy
- Key firm performance indicators and their relationship to Lean
- Lean principles
- Class exercise in Lean
- DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) and Lean
- Overview of mapping and hierarchy of process discovery
- SIPOC (suppliers, inputs, process, outputs, customers), Swimlane, VSM and Process Maps
- Establishing service families
- Scoping the mapping effort
- Components of a VSM
- Developing the current state map
- Waste exercises (system and process waste)
- Value Stream Mapping in a Lean Office
- Developing the future state
- Implementation planning
- Lean project scoping case study
- Future state case study
- Lean tools for transactional business processes:
- Standardized work
- Quality at the source
- Workplace organization
- Visual controls and management
- Batch reduction or elimination
- Poka Yoke
- Pull systems
- Levelling, management time frame, and takt image
- Lean simulation
- Linking process metrics to financial metrics
- How to utilize data
- Aligning incentives for a Lean office
- Understanding and eliminating sources of variability and waste in an office environment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is intended for any manager or professional interested in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their transactional business operations.
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Sales and Marketing
- Quality Assurance
Izak Duenyas, PhD
- Lead Faculty
- Associate Dean for Executive Programs, Herrick Professor of Business, Ross School of Business
Transform your organization by inspiring behavioral change.
Coaching for Improvement
Create a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, and innovation.