- Introduction and Electric Machinery Fundamentals (33 min)
- Power Electronic Fundamentals (38 min)
- Fundamentals of Control (32 min)
- DC Machines (27 min)
- DC Machines Drives (29 min)
- AC Machines I (33 min)
- AC Machines II (33 min)
- Surface Mount Permanent Magnet Machines (35 min)
- Surface Mount Permanent Magnet Machine Drives (26 min)
- Reluctance Machines (33 min)
- Interior Permanent Magnet Machines (16 min)
- Induction Machines (36 min)
- Induction Machine Drives (31 min)
Each course contains 4-6 hours of online instruction divided into shorter modules to make it easy to learn at your own pace.
You will have 180 days from your course start date to complete the course.
Successful completion requires you to view all course modules and receive an 80% passing grade on the course assessment. Upon completing these requirements, you will earn a digital badge for your resume or professional profile.
Upon successful completion of 4 CCET courses, you will receive a U-M Certificate of Achievement.
Select 4 courses from one concentration to deepen your knowledge in a subject or area. If you choose a specialization, your certificate will note the specialization you completed.
There are no prerequisites for this course. A bachelor's degree in a science, engineering, or technical field is recommended but not required.
To view technical requirements, click here.
Administrative/Online Technical Support
Support staff are available via phone and email to help with administrative and technical issues during our normal business hours (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time).
- Explain the basics of magnetic-field devices
- Describe how electric machines produce torque
- Discuss the operation of power electronic circuits
- Design a proportional-integral (PI) feedback control algorithm
- Summarize the properties of different types of electric machines