PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATES
Time Commitment5 Days
Not ready to commit?
Subscribe for email updates on future offerings and get a program brochure.
Must pass assessments with 80% or higher to receive a certificate and digital badge.
Earn a digital badge after successful completion of the course.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of this course.
Traveling to Ann Arbor?
Information on airport, hotels, local food options, and more.
Learn proven quality management practices.
This certificate program combines world-class Lean healthcare training expertise with hands-on applications. Learn essential principles, systems, and tools that will prepare you to spearhead a Lean initiative in your organization.
Grounded in a proven model for Lean transformation, our Lean Healthcare program focuses on the organizational development of people using Lean principles, systems, and tools. Our instructors encourage a broad vision of Lean as a catalyst for organizational culture change and continuous improvement. As a result of the Lean Healthcare course, you will be able to:
- Explain Lean principles, systems, and tools and discuss how, when, and why they apply to healthcare environments
- Explain how implementing Lean thinking is intended to create sustainable organizational culture change
- Describe the features and attributes of a Lean culture and the Lean Transformation Model
- Apply Lean principles and methodologies to improve work processes and systems
- Demonstrate effective coaching skills for developing problem-solving capabilities in others
- Examine your own role and function pertaining to the development of a Lean organization
- Analyze the application of Lean principles, systems, and tools for organizational improvement
- Identify gaps between the current state and the desired future state of your organization or unit
LAPTOP REQUIRED FOR IN-PERSON OFFERINGS
- Understand the universal application of Lean in all industries
- Define Lean thinking:
- Understand what your patients value
- Create a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Use data to drive improvement
- Identify and eliminate waste
- Apply learning through hands-on Lean Healthcare simulation
- Learn about coaching and management methods, such as humble inquiry and go-see
- Practice conveying Lean thinking and principles to your peers
- Explain the purpose of a Value Stream Map, the process for creating one, and the outcome of doing so
- Create a Value Stream Map using a practical case study
- Analyze waste depicted by the Value Stream Map
- Understand the transition from a Current State to an improved Future State
- Introduce the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) formatted problem solving process
- Create an understanding of the A3 thinking process and how it can be used in problem solving
- Practice the process in a group setting
- Go away with a sense of how you might use the process to improve results in your organization
- Learn how to lead efforts in which tools and methods learned during the week can be put into practice
- Better understand your role as a leader in Lean transformation
- Understand Lean implementation as a change initiative
- Return home with a sense of direction about how to improve results in your organization
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All of the following attendees will benefit from Lean Healthcare:
- Healthcare executives
- Clinical staff
- Industrial and management engineers
- Laboratory and specialized healthcare services
- Insurance company staff
- Pharmaceutical staff
- Lean Specialist and Instructor, Nexus, College of Engineering
- Founder and Lean Transformation Coach, Healthcare 2020
Transform your organization by inspiring behavioral change.
Lean Transactional for Business Processes
See your business processes through the customer’s eyes.